Monday, January 31, 2011

Setbacks

As I write this, I am recooperating from a broken toe thanks to my dog, Clubber.  I have experienced a number of setbacks throughout my time teaching group fitness, but this one is the most difficult.  I'm struggling because i'm disappointed, and limited--but i'm moving on, plugging along, and also looking forward to rebuilding after this time.  I'm looking forward to fulfilling my goals and not allowing this to defeat me.  I'm using this as a checkpoint to assess and ensure that I am able to plan for future setbacks.

There may be a few things that you can do during your setback to stay on track, but you must ensure that you are not pushing it, or going beyond what is recommended by your doctor, or your own body's tolerence.  Ask your doctor questions and make sure that you understand.  For me, i've used this time to really rest (for once) and study for the Personal Training exam.  I've done a few pilates classes and DVDs focusing on breathing and relaxing. :) 

Setbacks are always going to sneak up on you when you least expect it, whether it be illness, injury, or just life!  Think about HOW you can prepare for a setback and WHAT you could do when this time comes about?  Do you have back up items at home if the situation stems from life?  How will you develop the motivation to get back on track after your setback?

Stay on track and smile, smile, smile!!!
Ape

No comments:

Post a Comment