Friday, February 25, 2011

Take Care of Yourself.

In your day-to-day activities, do you think of yourself?  What do you do for yourself?  Sometimes in the midst of life, we forget to enjoy it.  I'm certainly guilty of over-committing and not leaving time for anything.  What is your favorite activity--one that you often think "I haven't done that in forever?"  Sometimes working out, reading a book, getting a spa treatment (for an amazing massage guaranteed to relax you:  http://www.balancedayre.massagetherapy.com/), or simply taking yourself to a movie is enough.  For others, it may be making a purchase that makes you smile.  Think about it and ensure that you are taking care of yourself. 

I know that I normally focus on getting your butt moving and exercise, exercise, exercise....But your mental health is also a necessity.  Exercise DOES benefit your mental health in a great way--once those endorphins get rolling you may relax or just simply feel better and want to smile!  :)  For those who still need an extrinsic motivation for exercise, perhaps mental health is another benefit you can add to the list if you're having trouble getting committed.....

For all the Moms and Dads out there.... I know that time is even more scarce for you.  Often I hear that there is only time for the kids, but there has to be "ME" time because otherwise you're no good to yourself.  I know what your thinking, "that's easy for her to say she isn't a parent," but I know a number of parents who set periods of time for Mom and the same for Dad.  Moms and Dads, how do you find time?  What is your "Me" time, and how do you make it work?

Trust me, this isn't considered being selfish.  I've been told time and time again that I need to take care of me, and I've discovered sometimes a simple activity like buying a bath bomb and reading a book in the tub is the most refreshing thing.  This not only is a guaranteed way to rejuvenate yourself, but will help you smile and have a more positive outlook on life.

I have a number of nieces and nephews, and I heard a story on the radio yesterday that touched my heart and made me think of this post. Kids surround us every day. Sometimes they just say amazing things that touch our hearts in a way that just makes you think, "Why didn't I think of that?" So, take a minute for YOU and smile like a kid, act crazy and enjoy it! 

Smile that crazy smile!!!!


Share your thoughts and ideas!  Tell us your favorite activity to do when you need to refresh and rejuvenate.

You can do this!  :)

Have a great day and smile, smile, smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment